biz biz is offline

Default wooden liveaboard

Jeff wrote:
30K pounds seems like a lot. There are hundreds of 38+ foot boats In
the USA for under that, and a quick search of YachtWorld shows a number
in the UK. For instance, a '97 Dehler 41 asking 29K would be a fine
boat, and more likely to hold its value than an ugly wooden boat.

Yes, holding its value is an interesting point. But I'd tried to
include that in the annual maintenance cost, so that at the end of 3
years the value would be equal.

One point in your calculations: if your cash flow is less with the glass
boat, why not take out a shorter loan? That way you'd be a full owner
or a quality boat in 6-7 years.

Well I'd calculated how long I'd need the loan for to make it roughly
the same monthly payment. The figures were really back-of-envelope.