Peter Jones

Default Boat "getting heavier" or Merc 4.2 diesel losing power?

Pete, yes, boats so soak up water. But if the boat was out of the
water all winter (was it) it's very unlikely it has much in it. Why
not have the boat weighed? It's a good method of seeing what has
happened. I'd be concerned about that loss in RPM's.

I was told that the closed foam construction on the Whaler meant that
it would not soak up water unless there was significant damage to the
hull or damage to a through-hull drain etc.

Perhaps I should see if I can weigh her..