posted to rec.boats.building
Meindert Sprang Meindert Sprang is offline

Default Glues, etc.

"g" wrote in message
I used this kind of glue when I made my boat.
Resorcinol glue is a waterproof two-part system that meets or exceeds the
requirements of MIL-A-46051 (Type 1, Grade A), (Type II, Grade C), and
MIL-A-22397 (Grade A). It resists outdoor exposure, cold or boiling water,
heat, molds, and solvents. Pot life: 3-4 hrs. Mix Ratio: 4 to 1 by weight.
Excellent for use on wood structures.

But but but..... resorcinol needs an exact fit between both parts and then
you need to clamp the parts together. There is no way you can glue to panels
or strakes of a boat together with that, let alone make fillets. There is
only one glue that allows this: epoxy (with a proper filler).

Meindert