posted to rec.boats.building
g g is offline

Default Glues, etc.

I used this kind of glue when I made my boat.
Resorcinol glue is a waterproof two-part system that meets or exceeds the
requirements of MIL-A-46051 (Type 1, Grade A), (Type II, Grade C), and
MIL-A-22397 (Grade A). It resists outdoor exposure, cold or boiling water,
heat, molds, and solvents. Pot life: 3-4 hrs. Mix Ratio: 4 to 1 by weight.
Excellent for use on wood structures.
It's 2 part and one of the cans is a powder reactant. If you use it, don't
get it on your fingers like I did. It has a feeling like your hands are
dying.
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...resorcinol.php
"Meindert Sprang" wrote in message
ll.nl...
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
k.net...
Subject

EPOXY

Agreed. Forget anything else, use epoxy. Although more expensive, it will
only be a fraction of the total cost of your boat and really really not
worth the hassle of using anything else with it's typical problems. You
cannot for instance make a fillet or bead with construction adhesive,
because when this glue is not pressed between two pieces of wood, it wil
just procuse foam without any structural strength. And don't go fo
polyester
either.

Meindert