thunder

Default OT--Terrific employment news again

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 02:30:59 +0000, Gould 0738 wrote:

Regardless, we'll have more jobs at the end of Bush's term than at any
point during the Clinton years.

And good thing, too.

I have seen from several sources that our economy needs to generate
150,000 net new jobs per month just to stay even with the growing
population of working age adults.

What is often overlooked, is that, due to low American birth rates, that
growing population of working adults is dependent on immigration. I was
surprised to learn that nearly all of the net increase in the Northeast's
labor force was due to immigration. As it is becoming increasingly clear
that our economic growth depends on immigration, I'm wondering just how
much post 9/11s tightening of our borders has had on our low job numbers.

http://www.dallasfed.org/research/sw.../swe0306a.html

As an aside, I noticed Chart 2 looked a little like the Red/Blue States
map. When placed against the following map, the comparison is quite clear.

http://www.massinc.org/commonwealth/..._red_blue.html