Mark Browne

Default OT--Terrific employment news again

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Hypothetically; If you discovered Bush *had* pumped up the mfg jobs

numbers by
including fast food workers, would you defend his doing so?

No.

Good answer. :-)

Now, do you have a list of the occupations included in the "mfg. jobs"

section
of the report you noted? I went to the bls website
you referred to, and found a gazillion reports, files, etc etc etc going

back
many years. Can you offer a more definitive link that will demonstrate

that in
spite of the administration's stated intention to reclassify burger

flipping as
a manufacturing job, they have not, in fact, done so? (Or had not done so

in
the time period covered by the report?)

I'd really like to be wrong on this one. It would be better all around if

the
administration wasn't pumping up the number of manufacturing jobs merely

by
expanding the number of job classifications defined as "manufacturing."

I can't address the "burger flipping as MFG jobs" question, but I noticed
this article today and it seems on topic:

http://www.epinet.org/content.cfm/we...chive_01212004

It would seem that the new jobs are at a lower wage than the jobs they are
replacing.

Mark Browne