Larry Larry is offline

Default Whale watching in New England

"Silver K" wrote in news:UHTHh.7893
:

We have had a Humpback
come up under our boat and give us a shower when he blew.

In SC waters, though less spectacular, the Bottlenosed Dolphin is the big
clown around the boat. One little guy did 5 perfect barrel rolls, out of
the water, 8' from the starboard beam. Everyone aboard was most
impressed. They just love to play with sailboats. One of the guys tied
his harness to the bow spirit and they loved it. They were jumping out
of the water as he threw out some old cookies that had lived past their
prime. Don't tell me they don't communicate. The whole pod was
determined to get a cookie for everyone. Their timing was fantastic.
They'd come at the bow from 90 degrees out and jump over my friend at
just the right time to snatch the cookie. It went on until we ran out of
cookies.

It's almost as if they're bored to death swimming around out there and a
sailboat provides great entertainment. Bottlenoses aren't interested in
providing "natural experience", they want you to entertain them. When I
owned the Sea Rayder jetboat and fooled with it in the harbor the lack of
a spinning, threatening prop seemed, also, to provoke them into staying
around the jetboat....every time you were at hull speed.

Larry
--
How much price inflation is caused by illegal
aliens gobbling up goods and services, creating