sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default florida keys wrecks

It's not the GPS that's the problem, but the inaccurate charts. I have used my
GPS
to enter some very narrow channels in the 'backcountry' of the lower keys, but I

had to keep a sharp lookout for changes in the channels due to hurricanes, tidal

currents, etc.

Sherwin D.

"Wayne.B" wrote:

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 17:00:02 -0500, krj
wrote:

Now I know what happened to Skip. Get a copy of "Wreckers Key" by
Christine Kling and see what happens to people in the Florida Keys who
rely on too much on GPS for navigation.

Trust me on this one, there is no problem with GPS in the Keys.

You do have to know what you are doing however.