Chuck Cox Chuck Cox is offline

Default Whale watching in New England

Roger Long wrote:
I'm thinking a fun thing to do this summer might be to take the boat out
to Stellwagen Bank or other whale spots. It would give my crew and
guests a taste of offshore life and be an interesting quest.

Has anybody done this in a sailboat? I'm wondering things like whether
public sighting reports are available, probability of seeing anything, etc.

I haven't done it myself, but the Boston Sailing Center has a "Whale Watch"
itinerary on their website, so presumably other sailboats have. The whale
watching leg traverses Stellwagen Bank between P-Town to Gloucester. Looks
like a long day of sailing. I don't know if it is publicly accessible, but the
itinerary is he
http://bostonsailingcenter.com/cruis...itinwhale.html

--
Chuck Cox
SynchroSystems - embedded computer design - http://synchro.com

my email is politician-proof, just remove the PORK