Gould 0738

Default OT--Terrific employment news again

Regardless, we'll have more jobs at the
end of Bush's term than at any point during the Clinton years.

And good thing, too.

I have seen from several sources that our economy needs to generate 150,000 net
new jobs per month just to stay even with the growing population of working age
adults.

During a four year presidency, that would be 7,200,000 net new jobs to stay
even.
Bush still has seven months to go to the four year finish line. If he's up by
7,200,000 jobs over what Clinton had at the end of that time, the employment
situation will be just as good as it was when Clinton was
embarrasing the office. Anything less probably means that there are a lot of
part timers, underemployed, and discouraged workers who have quit looking.