Bill Cole

Default OT- Power outage in NY. Coincidence?

OK,
so you do agree that Gould's theory was a way of promoting a discussion on
the power outage just to chat about it, not necessarily that there was any
facts for anyone to base any theory on. So he was just trying to shoot the
bull or have a bull**** discussion concerning the power outage.

I can go along with that.

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Bill Cole" wrote in message

.net...
Bass,
I was not saying that Gould's theory was bull****, nor do I believe that
Gould necessarily supported the theory. I read Gould's post as a way to
promote an off the cuff discussion (which in my neighborhood was called

shooting the bull, or bull****).

The only info I have is the same as most of the readers in the NG, the

power
experts believe that the problem was not the result of terrorist, but

was a
combination of natural factors that overwhelmed the system.

Now, if I said that the power failure was the result of Flying Saucers
stealing our power, do you have any proof that my statement is bull****?

I wouldn't totally discount it, until all of the facts were in,
especially when there were some circumstances that did seem out of
place. As it were, they weren't connected, but at the time Gould put
that theory out, it wasn't out of the realm of possiblility.