Bob Bob is offline

Default wooden liveaboard

On Mar 6, 7:03 pm, "NE Sailboat" wrote:

A strip plank
construction is easy to saturate with epoxy.
Strip plank construction. Lots of epoxy saturation. Good paint
job. Updated engine, etc. She was beautiful. But even the owner told me
she was a lot of work. He loved her and hated her at the same time.

What do you mean by "...strip plank construction... with lots of epoxy
saturation....?" I know of carvel and a couple others...... When I
think of a wood boat it does not include epoxy. Ugh, now you have a
plastic boat with wood fibers instead of glass fibers. Do you mean
"cold molding?" Strips of ceadar held together with epoxy that hang
over a firplace? In my humble opinion a wood boat is held together
with bronze and craftmanship................. Arg !
Okay, okay............... I'll go with double hot dipped galvanized.
good enough for a workboat.
Steam Box Bob