posted to uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising
Bruce in Alaska Bruce  in Alaska is offline

Default Tilley Wick

In article ,
Larry wrote:

Ask Bruce in Alaska what they use up there,
where the REAL test weather conditions occur...(shudder)

I use Chevron Delo400 15W40 in the Gensets. It works well, even
down below 0F. The manual suggests 5W40 when below -20F, but I live
next to Salt Water, and it rarely gets down that cold, here. Much
easier to keep one type of BaseOil in Stock, when you can't just
go down to the store and buy what you need. For the Rolling Stock,
(vehicals) I am using Delo 100 15W40. Snowmobiles are all 2Cycle,
so they use their own YamaLube II.

Bruce in alaska who got the WebCam up and running yesterday......
--
add a 2 before @