posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default A QUOTE FROM STERLING HAYDEN'S BOOK, WANDERER

"Scotty" w@u wrote in message
. ..

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
message news:la3Hh.17150

The point is you don't need credit. It's just another way

to spend above
your means. More importantly, as Hayden points out, it's a

way to be
trapped by the system. It's a method of slavery.

If you know what you're doing, one can make money with good
credit. Obviously this leaves you out.

Ha ha ha ha! You can, indeed, make money with good credit and bad credit
for that matter. That's why credit card companies are as rich as they
are. They didn't get that rich by borrowing money. They got that rich by
lending money. Kinda shows how ignorant you are. Not to mention how
unobservant. Look around you. Every big bank building you see, every big
insurance complex you see, every big credit card center you see got that
way from lending. If you could get so rich from borrowing, those
companies would be borrowing from you and paying you outrageous interest
payments.

You're a sucker and a dumb one at that. People justify borrowing and
jump though hoops trying to justify it but I can shoot down each and
every one of their fallacious arguments just like I just shot down
yours. The next thing you'll be telling me is how fabulous an investment
a house is. Believe me a house NEVER can return more than you paid for
it provided you add up all the expenses, inflation of currency and
taxes.

Wilbur Hubbard