posted to uk.rec.sailing,rec.boats.cruising
Bob Bob is offline

Default Tilley Wick

Not enough can be said for NOT squirting explosives into the intake of a
small, LIGHTLY MADE diesel engine. DON'T DO THIS! Notice it says not to
do this right in the manual!

I worked in a Detroit shop when I was a kid. Mostly fisking boats and
logging equipment/trucks. Got to do basic rebuilds on 53, 71, 92
series. The head mechanic took me asides and showed me two 6-71
engines in for a rebuild. One operator used ether regularly caus it
was cheeper than a new charging system and new batteries. The other
operator never used the stuff. It was stunning to comapre the two
during de assymble!

The heat gun is a great idea if you have a power source to run it from.

Let's avoid lighting fires in the engine compartment fumes of fuel and
battery hydrogen to crank them, ok? Thanks!

Suggest using the spay can to help start the grill you moved to the
dock.
Babbit Bob