posted to rec.boats.electronics
RR RR is offline

Default Inverters & Laptops

I use for a couple years a laptop on my boat.
All what one needs is an adaptor/ converter to 12 V,
works perfectly
I would not bather with an inverter

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 22:47:26 +0900, shaun
wrote:

Shaun Van Poecke wrote:
"Larry" wrote in message

"Shaun Van Poecke" wrote in news:TNtGh.6816
:

a sine wave 1000watt inverter costs about AU$800

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5301540
$118 for 1200 watts....sine wave output.
Walmart ships worldwide. 1200 watts - 2400 watts surge if you have heavy
enough wires to a big battery. Does Walmart charge that much in
Australia?

Hmm....$US118 = $AU151. They're still probably going to hit you up for
some hefty import fees and VAT to pay for the socialized meds, etc.

Should still be much cheaper than $AU800!

you guys are on 110volts over there though right?

Shaun

No
we are on 240vac 50hz
that makes it very awkward to get items at your cheaper prices
same goes for the nice little honda generators that you get for about
$400 usd
the same unit here is near $2000
cry.....sigh
shaun