posted to alt.sailing.asa
Binnacle-Bill Binnacle-Bill is offline

Default Rope clutch replacement parts

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
oups.com
On my 26 yr old S2, I have double rope clutches for the main and jib.
The plastic lever has gotten old and brittle and today I stepped on
one of them and broke the handle. I cannot locate replacement parts.
Sooooooooooooo........one of my machinists has a Haas MiniCNC milling
machine that needs some work. I wonder if there is a market for such
replacement parts?

Not on this newsgroup. Anyone here that sails has no idea what you are
talikng about. They all use those old two-horned (DOWN Gaynze!) cleats (if
they even know what a sailboat is).

What brand? Several years ago, I was looking for parts for mine (Sur-Lok),
but I replaced them with Harken clutches.

Bill