posted to rec.boats.electronics
Jack Erbes Jack Erbes is offline

Default Firmware update on Garmin 292

Bjarke M. Christensen wrote:
Anyone manage to do that ?

Only image on www.garmin.com is for "usb"; but mine is connected over
serial. And that won't work.

I do have a USB attached card programmer, but it will not accept that
either. The programmer attachment should be OK. It's working OK from within
mapsource.

Please, someone help....

Bjarke

If I understand it right from this link:

http://www.garmin.com/support/downlo...ls.jsp?id=1399

the download puts the update on a 8mb (or larger) Garmin Data Card and
the update runs from the data card when it is put in the GPS.

So I guess you need to run the download with a programmer attached to
the PC and a card in it.

There is also a recent update for the USB card programmer, maybe you
want to run that too:

http://www.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=595

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA (jackerbes at adelphia dot net)
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine dot com)