Leanne Leanne is offline

Default What type of sail rig is this?

When I was a wee kitten, I was told that a ketch has the mizzen ahead of the
rudder post whereas on a yawl, it is aft of the rudder post.

Leanne

On 2007-03-03 10:31:49 -0500, "Ken Heaton, Cape Breton Island, Nova
Scotia" said:

I'd call it a schooner as well. There are many photos out there of 3,
4 and even 5 masted schooners, all masts the same height so one with 2
masts the same height fits the same definition. I always think of a
ketch as having a main mast and a mizzen (shorter aft) mast

So what exactly is a yawl rig?
Ruby
Ruby Vee

Focusing on the negative only gives it more power -- Chinese fortune
cookie