posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default replace mainsail halyard

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
t...
I respect what I can discern of your sailing skill, but what's with the
cartoon colors on your boat?

Red with yellow trim looks great. Joe's boat looks great. That yellow
chevron on the bow looks like what one would see on the bow of a
Nordhaven. Nordhaven's are highly respected yachts. Mostly motor yachts
but I do think they make a motor-sailer model. Personally, I wouldn't be
caught dead in any pilothouse sailboat but that's just a matter of
personal safety and preference, not to mention respect for the
traditions of sailing. The quickest way to turn a sailor into a
motorhead and then a lubber is trying to sail a pilot house. You lose
touch with sailing. Just look what happened to Old Thom. From the very
first minute the poor man stepped aboard that Gulf 30 floating
condominium of his he started turning into a motorhead and a lubber.
It's been scientifically proven, just like man-caused global warming's
been proven, that pilothouse motor sailers are hazardous to your sailing
health. The government should mandate a big sticker be displayed on each
and every pilothouse motor sailor. "Caution: being seen in this vessel
will cause others to disrespect you. It will also cause you to start
being a lubber."

Wilbur Hubbard