Default Help - cleaning a monitor

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 13:06:32 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"JLH" wrote in message
news
How does one clean an LCD monitor. One site said to use a damp cloth
(water) but no cleaners. I tried that, but ended up with streaks on the
monitor.

Any ideas?

Note: I may one day put this monitor on my boat. (Whew!)

90-whatever percent isopropyl alcohol. It's what's used to clean them when
they're manufactured.

According to the manual that came with my NEC Multisync, alcohol is
verbotin.

Interesting. It worked fine for me on a Toshiba and a Sony. Oh well.