posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
Ken Heaton, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia Ken Heaton, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia is offline

Default Battery Equalization Strangeness

(I will admit that some "maintenance-free" batteries are actually
"maintenance-resistant" - a determined user can remove the caps, to
check and replenish fluid levels.)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI

I'll concur with this. I've met a number of maintenance resistant
batteries whose owners thought were maintenance free. Somtimes it
meant pealing off a decal to access the pry off caps. Sometimes the
caps come off as one piece for the whole six cells. Often there is a
way in if there are wet cells.