posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default Cheapo Handrails

Nathan Branden wrote:
I've been tempted to use the stainless steel bathroom handrails on my
cabintop. They are those handrails you see in Lowes or Home Depot,
pretty sturdy bent tubing with only two welds. How will they stand up
in a marine environment? They definitely long strong enough and mount
over a wide area. I just think the boat store handrails are
outrageously expensive and the bathroom ones a much less expensive and
even look better.

Nathan

You sure they
re just not plated? If they're plated they're going to pit and
score...why do you want metal handrails anyway? Why not some nice teak
rails..like most sailors have?