posted to rec.boats.building
Twilite Twilite is offline

Default Ceiling & Side Carpet Replacement

First of all this pertains to an 1980 Sea Ray Express Cruiser that I
recently purchased in the Florida Keys. What I have is a need to tear
out all of the carpet and replace it. The carpet in the forward cabin
is of a sheet skin type material similiar to seat covers you can buy
from a auto parts store. This stuff is mildewed to a point that it is
probably a health hazard.

What I would like to know is what the best procedure for removing this
stuff would be, tools needed (such as a respirator) and etc., and what
is needed to prep the hull for the new carpet. Also, what would be a
good replacement reconmendation.