Larry W4CSC

Default 1982 Sea Ray 260 Sundancer quality?

On 18 Aug 2003 04:09:37 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

Dealer Gould's hype aside, most all the new boats are built just like
you see in the pictures, now. Overpriced pieces of crap designed to
maximize manufacturer and dealer profits at the expense of value,

Good grief, Larry. Your first mistake is this: I'm not a boat dealer.

Coulda fooled me. I thought you were a Sea Ray dealer from your
staunch defense of the brand name.

Your second mistake is that David Pascoe actually speaks fairly highly of new
Sea Rays, (at least as highly as he speaks about any boat)

From his website, the summary of a "review" of a 250 Sea Ray;

*****************
Summing up: On the outside, the overall quality is pretty good. Not much
chintzy hardware, and the basic structures are holding up well. With care, it
still looks good. The rub rails aren't all loose, dented and falling off, and
stress cracking is minimal. As a used boat, it offers excellent value. As a new
boat, they're still hard to beat quality wise, but the quality margin over the
competition can be a pretty thin line at times.

How long will you keep throwing up Pascoe's site to trash Sea Ray when he
states they're "hard to beat quality wise"?

As long as boats are made like the pictures clearly show. It's a
piece of crap, just like most of the rest of them....

Larry W4CSC

Maybe we could get the power grid fixed if every politician
regulating the power companies wasn't on their payrolls.