posted to rec.boats.electronics
Paul Paul is offline

Default Raymarine RL80CRC

"Larry" wrote in message
"Paul" wrote in
:

There's a misconception about autopilots I see on your response.
Autopilots don't go to waypoints. They do as they are told, turning this
way and that, when told to by the nav softwares. I'm quite surprised you
have so much trouble making Raymarines own nav software waypoint their
own equipment. Something must not be setup right.

I was just using shorthand regarding the autopilot and waypoints -- I am
familiar with how it works. Thanks, though (sincerely). Since I don't use
the chartplotter waypoints except for a visual aid, I haven't been too
bugged by the difficulties. Waypoints entered at the navstation do show up
at the helm, but there are strange interactions when we try to enter and
edit from both stations. I will probably just ignore the problem until I
install the new gear. Or I might decide that it bugs me enough to look into
it more carefully. You never can tell...

Speaking of thread drift, I see you reminescing about KMI elsewhere. I used
to copy KMI and KPH when I was trying to work up to a ham extra license. I
never made it past 18WPM reliably, so I only have the advanced ticket
(wb6cxc). I still drive by the KMI and KPH antenna farm, and there are
still lights blinking on top of the KPH poles (out on Pt. Reyes).

-Paul