posted to alt.sailing.asa
Martin Baxter Martin Baxter is offline

Default A friend of mine

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

A friend of mine has a sailboat that's about fifteen meters in length.
The other day his vessel was the subject of a USCG safety check. Among a
couple other things, he got written up for not having a bell. He had a
whistle. The citation said he was in violation of Rule 33(a) which says
the boat is required to have a whistle and a bell. I told him to fight
it because the citation won't stand up in court. Why am I right?

Wilbur Hubbard

Inland Rules say 12 meters or more, Internationlal rules say 20 meters
or more, was he outside the demarcation line?

Cheers
Marty