posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz Bob Crantz is offline

Default A friend of mine

One has only to consult the Old Testament where The Lord himself instructs
Noah on the building and regulations of watercraft. Behold the Book of
Genesis:

006:014 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the
ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

006:015 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The
length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth
of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

006:016 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou
finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the
side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou
make it. Since thyne Ark is greater than 3 cubits though shall
equip it with a bell made of the finest brass,
a rams horn capable of soundeth thyne collision alarm,
a vest filled within of the kapok reed, one for each living being aboard
thyne Ark,
A candle that burneth green and one that burneth red to be held one in each
hand,
thy buckets shall be made of the cedar-wood,
and not lastly a platform made from the beech tree to be fixed astern
slightly above the waterline.

006:017 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the
earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life,
from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall
die.

006:018 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt
come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy
sons' wives with thee.

Praise!