posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default The ultimate self-build project?

Joe wrote:
On Feb 28, 3:33 pm, wrote:

"Edgar" wrote:

Group, since not a lot is going on at the moment

?? Waddaya mean, it's a regular soap opera around here. Or are you not
following the "Joe & Krusty Show?"

why not take a look atwww.schoonersail.comand see the 70' steel schooner that my friend John has
built for himself.

Wow, that's a cool boat. I like the 3 masted schooner and he even
talks a little about the origins of the rig on the web site. Mentions
my main man Pete Culler too. Needs more pictures though.

I think it will be very hard to beat this as a self-build project carried
through to fruition.

Too right. Looks like he finished it up properly, even to the point of
carrying dories on the deck. I find it hard to believe that they
financed a project of this size & complexity by working only part
time, unless one or both of them has some advanced skills in one of
the higher paying fields. All too many people start a big project like
this, and then it ends up a pile of scrap and a forgotten dream.

-signed- Injun Ear (formerly known as Eagle Eye)

Here is a nice un-finished project you may like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/65-US...QQcmdZViewItem

Joe

Lordy, for what? Breaking ice on Lake Michigan?