posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jonathan Ganz Jonathan Ganz is offline

Default Man caused global warming

In article . net,
Maxprop wrote:
Relax. He gets monthly royalty checks for inventing the Internet.

Try the truth:

Gore never claimed that he "invented" the Internet, which implies that
he engineered the technology. The invention occurred in the seventies
and allowed scientists in the Defense Department to communicate with
each other. In a March 1999 interview with Wolf Blitzer, Gore said,
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
initiative in creating the Internet."

Taken in context, the sentence, despite some initial ambiguity, means
that as a congressman Gore promoted the system we enjoy today, not
that he could patent the science, though that's how the quotation has
been manipulated. Hence the disingenuous substitution of "inventing"
for the actual language.

http://www.perkel.com/politics/gore/internet.htm

--
Capt. JG @@