KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Best Grill for sailboat ??

"Bob" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 27, 9:18 am, Charlie Morgan wrote:

He's a Marine Iguana. He eats raw food and then lays on his belly atop
a sun heated rock to cook it.

Damn.... just about right!

As im sitting here munching on some walnuts and raisins and about to
wash it down with some soy juice. Zero refergeration.... Zero flames.
Food is fun but in the end its just a calorie source.

Humm, maybe I'll open up that pickled fish I made 2 weeks ago.

Dont get me wrong. Living in a cave knawing on a raw bone is not fun.
But neither is sailing port to port fixing systems that break. Not my
idea of a sailing vacation. KISS.

Oh, but maybe those Navy SEALs in the chartered sailboat (SBT 20) you
spotted this morning could give you a hand fixing your refegeration.
What is with that?!?!?!?

Bob

Bob, I'm with you on the "no refrigeration" part. Too much time and effort
for too little return in my book, on my boat. But no stove? Sorry, but
"NOPE!" How am I to cook beans, rice, grits, oatmeal and pasta with no
stove? A solar oven? I'm not talking about "hooked to shore power," I'm
talking about out there sailing, or on the hook.