posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Goals for this Coming Season

"katy" wrote in message
Edgar wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

...we don't like
heavy old cruisers like Catalinas

Hey steady now Kathy! My S&S 38 is a sleek performance machine...
(even
though we only use it as a cruiser) :-)

I should have qualified that..the older Catalina 38 is by far the best
boat they ever made...too bad they changed the design to a real
clunkoid....

Almost any of the big six, late model, production boats are style over
substance. It's a shame but it's a fact. All of them from about 1990
onward are a waste of space. It demonstrates how ignorant the sailboat
buying public has become. They buy a boat as if it were a new dress. "I
look really good in this dress." That's what it's come to. Men who buy a
boat like a woman buys a dress. Every time somebody says to them, "Nice
boat," they swell up like a puffer fish. Never mind the fact the person
making the comment knows nothing other than lots of windows and a shine
on the plastic is what a boat's all about.

Wilbur Hubbard