posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jonathan Ganz Jonathan Ganz is offline

Default Man caused global warming

In article , Martin Baxter wrote:
Mundo wrote:

Green Schpeen......... To little to late. My yukon is red and gets terrible
milage. It sure is comfy though. I am not even going to try to conserve. Like
quitting smoking when they tell you that you have lung cancer.

That is probably true. If we suspended the production of green house
gasses overnight, we'd also halt the production of particulates. The
particlutes would precipitate to the earth within a year and would no
longer act as a brake on global warming by reflecting some of the suns
energy. The gasses would remain for decades if not centuries and warming
would actually worsen.

Cheers
Marty

According to the latest research and reported in the media, if we
stopped pollution today, the GW effect would continue for a couple of
decades, then level off. If we don't curtail our pollution, the GW
effect will get much worse at a lot faster rate.

The obvious question though, in my view, isn't about GW directly. It's
do you really want to breathe all that crap, swim in polluted water,
and not experience all the myriad aquatic/land life that currently
exists.

Even O'Reilly believes in man-created GW and that the US gov't should
take the lead on solving the problem. It's not often I agree with him.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com