posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default Goals for this Coming Season

Scotty wrote:
"katy" wrote

You don't think I know that having sailed a boat with a 6'

draft all

these years? of course, taking that into consideration,

the Neuse is a

potential killer of keels....we've only gone aground once

there,

though...and it was a fun time had by all...

Oh, now I understand why you're afraid to sail the Chessy.

Scotty

When we bought Chanteuse we had no idea we would ever be leaving Lake
Michigan and its feeder lakes, which are all deep water...even when the
lake levels drop, the water is nowhere near as skinny as down here...but
that's ok...we like our boat and like the way she sails...we don't like
heavy old cruisers like Catalinas and would never consider a Hunter of
that size...and Mr Sails is not a fan of any full keel boat...so...we
just make sure we have the alarm set on the depth gauge and watch the
charts...or take along someone who knows where the shoals are!