posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] FJ_2102@yahoo.com is offline

Default Rowing Doug's Boat

wrote:
If anybody wants to copy this dinghy, I will be glad to send them the
plans and the table of offsets. However, when discussing it over on
rec-boats-building, there was little or no interest other than a few
cranks who said "Why bother to build a light weight dinghy?
Traditional designs are meant to be heavy and they work mush better
that way (etc etc)" so I don't expect the world to beat a path to my
door.

I'd like to have a set of the plans, too. Are they DXF format? Could
it be scaled up or down? Do you have a construction key other than the
photo series? This isn't a complaint, the photos are better than the
ones in many "how-to" boatbuilding books.

If more sailors rowed instead of relying on outboards, there would be
fewer obese cruisers.

-signed- Injun Ear (formerly known as Eagle Eye)