KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Best Grill for sailboat ??

"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 27, 5:29 am, "NE Sailboat" wrote:
Bob,,, I like your "safety first" approach. You are right on, when it
looks like nothing can go wrong ...........................

I will take another closer look at the whole issue.

The expense ,, $200 dollars or so ,, for a Magma grill .. that has me
thinking as well.

Hi
Dont take me too seriously. I enjoy burnt veggies and grilled meat
with a good Merlot ($6.50/bottle) along with every one else. I think
its one of thoes personal touches every owner will make. My friend
Mark's story really opened my eyes. And at the time my daughter was an
early teen. When I took her and friends sailing I did not want to
spend my time yelling at them to keep them safe so I just started
"teen proofing" my boat/house/yard/life/etc.

Becuse of the type of boating now do I removed the grill cause 1) my
friend Mark's event and 2) it would most likly get ripped off the back
rail by a wave. I am generally a "stone age" sailor. No refegeration.
hand pump freshwater water from a tank, ability to live with a 400 ah
house bank with maybe a weekly charge when out. Solar panels to come
soon. But I expect fully to get flamed on this philosophy.

But please talk to a fire fighter that also
say about flames on a boat.

So how do you cook, Bob? MRE's with heatpacks? Can't be an electric stove,
so there's gotta be a flame-producing stove on that boat somewhere, unless
you live on raw food and unheated canned goods.