posted to rec.boats.building
Dave W Dave W is offline

Default sounders

KG,
Your solution is way too complicated! It is much simpler to buy a
sounder, after torturing yourself as to which is the best, install it at
added expense and then learn that the exact depth is a little fuzzy
especially if the bottom is muddy.
Dave

"Kevin Gunther" wrote in message

"mark" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am going to buy a sounder for use in my aquaculture operation. I
need it to be as accurate as possible in determining if my mussel
socks are touching the bottom or are 1' off the bottom. The water is
only 20 feet deep and it is a mud bottom. Some people are using SiTex
106-L which has 300 watts of power and 50 or 200KHz and some are using

I cant see a problem. Just drop them to the bottom, and pick them up a
foot. Voila!! 19'.

kg