posted to rec.boats.electronics
Steve Steve is offline

Default Pactor by soundcard

Pactor's big draw was being able to send binary files over HF, which I
personally think is stupid, but to each his own poison.

That is what I really want - I want GRIBs

If you ever get a chance to play with PSK31, an open source ham radio

..
I have played with PSK31, I agree it is technically impressive (but
the QSOs are staggeringly dull IMHO )
..
..
Now all you need is someone you can call with a working email client
willing to copy your emails from his email window to the WinWarbler
transmit window and from your Winwarbler reply back to his email client's
window for reply. You don't need no stinking sailmail...(c;

Larry

If I had a team of hams positioned around the world, listening 24/7 on
multiple frequencies and able to pass on my emails and send back
weather data then I would agree. :-)

Thanks all - I think it must have been SCAMP I was thinking of. I will
stick to Pactor1 with my $25 ebay PK-232 for now.

Steve