Stanley Barthfarkle

Default Coolant a little low, noticed smoke coming out the back.

Leaky head gasket would be my best guess.

"Ree-Yees" wrote in message
.. .
I have been having starter problems so I got my rebuilt starter today and
put it in. The boat fires up now like brand new :-)

I have a mercruiser 165hp 3.7 liter closed coolant system. I guess the

lake
water cools my coolant which cools the engine.

Anyways I noticed that the coolant over flow tank was on the add line
instead of the full line. It was on the full line a few weeks ago.

Anyways
I filled it on up and poured some into the main colant tank too just for a
bonus.

I fired the boat up (hose attached) and there was some smoke coming out

the
exhuast. I have seen this before when I have been stopped on the lake for

long period of time and then fired it up. The smoke is a little white but
doesnt smell like burning gas or oil. It doesnt really have an odor.

Some
of it was ocming up through the engine too, dont know if it was from the
exhuast or not. I could not see a central location of the smoke except

for
the exhuast.

Its possible I poured too much into the main coolant tank. Any ideas of
what im seeing. Ive never noticed much smoke coming out back there before.
It has also rained real hard for a couple days and the inside of the boat
was wet.

I guess I will watch that coolant level real close when I take her out
tomorrow.

Thanks,
Cameron