posted to rec.boats.electronics
chuck chuck is offline

Default Pactor by soundcard

Steve wrote:
Too bad sailmail got attached to it, instead of public domain code.

Larry
--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEJmcvTzYfo&mode=related&search=

Hmm. Maybe it wasn't pactor I was thinking of but an alternative
protocol for the same purpose - email via HF.

I am sure I heard about a group working on such a thing, but on
reflection, you must be right that it coldn't be a PC implementation
of Pactor2/3

Steve, you may be thinking of alternative (to Airmail) client software
for Winlink. While Airmail supports public domain Pactor I, it does so
only with KAM and PK TNCs and not soundcard implementations of Pactor I
(AFIK).

I believe there are other Winlink clients that do support soundcard TNC
protocols, which make HF/soundcard email possible.

You can explore these at:

http://www.winlink.org/Client.htm

Chuck