Harlan Lachman Harlan Lachman is offline

Default Lazy Jack vs Dutchman Sail Flaking System

In article ,
wrote:

One of our club members bought a 36-foot sailboat equipped with a Dutchman
system last year.

His comment after one season is that he could use a downhaul to get the main
down. The main does not come down as easy and flaking as advised.
It could be that the Dutchman system is not properly installed or fully
tuned up yet. Nonetheless, it gave me food for thought.

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 13:42:44 GMT, wrote:

I wonder what Beneteau means by Semi Full Battens mainsail with Lazy
Jacks.
Why semi full batten?
Does it help the battens from catching on the Lazy Jacks?

When reading Jon's opinions, bear in mind that he has a close friend on
the
payroll of the Dutchman, and Jon gets his Dutchman products at a reduced
price.
Of course he thinks they are superior!

CWM

I would want to know what he has attaching the main to the mast. I have
some fancy Harken system that is smoother than a baby's b-tt. If there
is resistance along the luff, the dutchman cannot help.

harlan

--
To respond, obviously drop the "nospan"?