Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Lazy Jack vs Dutchman Sail Flaking System

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:52:35 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

Wayne, trying to picture this: You had separate LJ's on either side of the
boom, each with their own dedicated halyard? Pretty clever if that's it. I
like it. If I have to re-do Essie's LJ's some day, something like that might
be just the thing. :-)

The halyards were only dedicated during the time that the LJs were
needed, ie, during the mainsail drop. There were lots of spare
halyards available since we were set up for racing and doing headsail
changes on the fly. Once the mainsail was down and tied up, we'd ease
off on the LJ halyards and lead them back forward. The shock cord
would retract and lay flat against the boom until needed the next
time.