posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default Help for Old Thom....

"Mundo" wrote in message
. net...
On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 00:02:03 -0500, Maxprop wrote
(in article . net):

Time is running out for ASA. My prediction is that the regulars will be
gone
in a year or so and few but the flonkers will remain, only because they
crosspost to this NG with uncanny oblivion.

As an evolutionist I have to disagree with you. This news group is
evolving
constantly. Every time a new person joins/leaves, he/she changes the genes
of
the group. I welcome the flonkers. Usenet is quickly becoming a thing of
the
past. Most new users of computers have no idea this is out here. All that
is
left out here is a few diehards and a bunch of tweekers and geeks. I
looked
thru some of the news groups I used to belong to and they are empty...may
as
well be gone. Nothing but porn site and religious postings. A vast
wastleand. ASA is just another village waiting for oblivion.

Rather sounds as if you're supporting my opinion. With what part of my
premise do you disagree?

Until then I will dice with the flonkers, the regs, and the puppets....

I've filtered all the flonkers, and continue to do so as they appear. What
is left is a smattering of a dozen or more regulars, and they seem to be
losing interest. Frankly I'm at the threshold of my boredom tolerance as
well. Over the past several months I've departed and checked back in from
time to time. Come Spring, when the boats splash, the regulars become less
and less active.

I stand by my premise that this NG will belong only to the flonkers, by
default, in a year or so. Oddly enough you seem to agree.

Max