posted to rec.boats.electronics
muelec muelec is offline

Default Raymarine ST1000 Plus Autopilot

On 24 Feb., 00:46, "Pascal" wrote:
Well,

In my practical experience, when using the gps track mode (gps
interface ) with my autopilot St/4000 for several years, is that the
boat has much better tracking, with less yawing, staying much better
over the route and spending much less time correcting, working less
and consuming less amperes. I have tested a new boat with a S1G
(Giro) and the XTE is les than 10 m all the time even with large
waves ...

Test it yourself ... It is better with a aparent wing angle betwen
45-60 off the bow but works up to 160 degrees very well, take ease
to not activate the interface unless you see that the boat ill turn in
the desired direction .... and avoid jibes ..... Good luck

Pascal

Giro sounds good (hopefully cheaper than my boat), but S1G and XTE, I
don't know. I would be glad for some help with Brand Names, Types and
so.

Thanks Urs