posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default Help for Old Thom....

"Mundo" wrote in message
. net...
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 16:03:29 -0500, Maxprop wrote
(in article . net):

Your model for this NG would be about as interesting as watching two
octogenarians having sex--it would last about 15 seconds before
experiencing
total exhaustion, and be boring beyond belief, not to mention repugnant.

Actually I have no model for this news group or any others. As far as
octogenarians having sex...... Ol" Thom....want to pipe in here?

My point, (as dull as it may be) is that with out the trolls there is
nothing
left. I enjoy the devils advocate position taken by the few who care
enough
to go to the trouble of setting up dummy accounts to wake our lazy
atrophied
brains up. The conversation ultimately deteriorates to one line dribble
and
half felt responses. The regs have become like old married couples,
lacking
in the passion that once made them attractive. Maybe it is time for some
fresh blood (puppet or otherwise). I welcome a bit of hybrid vigor.. I
think.

Then might I suggest you 'mate' with someone from another NG and your
'offspring' should fill the hybrid vigor bill nicely.

Actually I agree with you. This NG lacks much of the vinegar in which it
was once bathed. Bubbles did a pretty good job of stirring things up, and
his departure has left the regulars floundering about, attempting to get a
rise out of someone, anyone, but failing.

But I believe the chief problem was brought about by Neal and LP, who
invited the flonkers over to pollute this NG with crossposting and
thoughtless, pointless bull****. They blame Ganz and Katy for netkkkopping
them, but that's akin to attributing blame to the deceased for being an
asshole, forcing you to shoot him.

Time is running out for ASA. My prediction is that the regulars will be
gone in a year or so and few but the flonkers will remain, only because they
crosspost to this NG with uncanny oblivion.

Max