posted to rec.boats.electronics,rec.boats.cruising
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Battery Equalization Strangeness

On 24 Feb 2007 16:49:58 -0800, "GeoffSchultz"
wrote:

Clearly I don't know. The problem is that my battery boxes are under
the sole and have no venting. I wanted AGMs, but the only thing
available in Guatemala was lead acid.

The best bet for deep cycle batteries with difficult access are the
Rolls or Surettes with the recombinant caps, also known as HydroCaps.

Supposedly the cell caps contain a catalyst which turns escaping
hydrogen back into water if my understanding is correct.

http://www.rollsbattery.com/

If nothing else, they have a great warranty.