posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default Help for Old Thom....

"Mundo" wrote in message
. net...
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 08:09:02 -0500, Maxprop wrote

No one but Mr. Hubbard knows for sure, but it's a safe bet he's the
original
Neal Warren of the past. Neal could be periodically mean-spirited, and
never defered from spouting ultra right-wing garbage. His last 'sock
puppet' was Ellen MacArthur. He carried that about as far as he could,
with
no credibility of course, and moved on to a new identity more to his true
character, the irascible Wilbur Hubbard: idiot, asshole, jerk
extraordinaire. Be advised, however, that Hubbard will probably be here
for
a while, as he seems to be the consumate cyber fisherman (troll),
eliciting

Since when is eliciting a response a bad thing. At least there is a
conversation ..good/bad.

Re-read my paragraph (above), Mundo. Did I say, or imply, that eliciting a
response is a bad thing?
Sock puppets arise and disappear with uncanny regularity in this NG.
Some
have presumed that there are only about 12 or so actual contributors to
this
group--the flonkers notwithstanding--some of whom masquerade as anyone
but
themselves. The ascerbic Charlie Morgan is a prime example--he has been
Binary Bill, MysTerry, and now CWM. Gilligan is another--I've lost track
of
all his 'identities.' Recently he's been Ted Bell among others. I
suspect
that someday he'll find it necessary to undergo intensive psychotherapy
for
a multiple personality disorder, aka Sybil. g

I guess I still don't get what it matters who the id is. Puppets have
better
communication skills than the regs. At least they are communicative past 1
sentence answers.

It matters only in how aggressively the regulars attempt to identify the
sock puppet. It's a game of sorts, and by no means a bad thing. Once again
you've erroneously assumed I've derided the sock puppet concept. Without
sock puppets, everyone would have to be polite--like you. (Hmm, that makes
no sense, does it?)

AFAIK, Joe has always been Joe. As to the worth of the NG, you either
play
or you don't. Don't expect a cogent discussion of sailing topics very
often, albeit they do occur from time to time.

I have been to sea for months at a time and I don't remember talking about
the boat or where we were or anything else constantly... Yo all are like
bunch of women.. All you want to talk about is the relationship...

Nay, nay, pedantic sir. This is more like a bar adjacent to a marina.
Regulars meet to discuss just about anything that crosses their minds.
Sometimes it's relationships, other times it's sailing (rarely), and
occasionally it's to vent frustrations at those targets most appropriate to
the cause.

But for me at least... it was fun for awhile. And
admittedly (at least IMHO) Bobsprit sure kept things
going. heh heh

Maybe because Boobsprit did not just whine about everything.. give it a
try!

He whined incessantly. Give me a break.

Bubbles (Robert Brody, aka Bobsprit) is probably the best fisherman ever,
and he's essentially done it under his real name. I believe he'll be
back
once he gets his new home in order, the paint dries, and boredom once
again
sets in. Hang in there.

This place has been an ongoing BS session since I have been here. Thats
why I
enjoy it. Toughen up! Bunch of pansies...

Your model for this NG would be about as interesting as watching two
octogenarians having sex--it would last about 15 seconds before experiencing
total exhaustion, and be boring beyond belief, not to mention repugnant.

If what happens here is not to your liking, change it. As it is, you sound
like a goddamned whiner. Buck up, bro, and join us, or kiss someone's ass
(not mine, thank you all the same) and take a hike over to one of those
'leather' NGs. g

Max