Ron Ron is offline

Default Digital Charts

Mark Borgerson wrote in
.net:

In defense of the Canadian Hydrographic Service, they have about
the same coastline as the US, but only 10% as large an economy
to tax to support their efforts. Still, a more reasonable
pricing scheme would garner more unit sales with reasonably
low web-based distribution costs.

Mark Borgerson

Hi Mark, I was not critting Can Hydro, they do a lot with little, a friends
Dad worked at Ocean Sciences in Sidney BC, what I was critting was a
stupid gov't move to sell the rights to the charts in the first place.
I have no idea what charts sold for before NDI, or even if there was
digital by Canada before they bought rights.

I too use Bluecharts, on a Garmin Legend, not sure if they are as detailed
as Canadian paper charts.. have a bit more comparing to do....
Ron