[email protected] robbins.larry@gmail.com is offline

Default Singlehanding VI to Key West

There's a *lot* of large commercial traffic moving through that area,
very dangerous to not have a lookout.

Also, your presence might be misconstrued by governmental authorities
if you do not seem to have a purpose for being there.

Once I enter the Old Bahama Channel I will need to be on watch all the
time. I want to be well rested upon the start of that so I can do
it. Parking it on the open road as Bryan suggested is ok for a couple
of hours if in relatively calm sea state, but not for a long
restorative sleep before hitting the heavy traffic. Crew would be an
obvious solution, but I am an obstinate singlehander and can choose my
departure and delays without pressure from crew's limited time needs
It's an additional 40 nm to detour from Great Iguana to Castle and
then Ragged, both "legal" rests, but 90 nm from Ragged to the OBC with
150 nm to the first anchorage on the north end, Anguilla Cay. tough
go unless a stop such as Cay Lobos or a stop on the banks was
doable. Larry