[email protected] robbins.larry@gmail.com is offline

Default Singlehanding VI to Key West

There is no where to anchor on that route unless you go into Puerto
Rican, Hatian, DR, Bahamian or Cuban waters. If you do that you will
need to fly a Q flag for sure, but you are also expected to clear in
under normal circumstances.

According to Noonsite, One can enter the Bahamas and travel until
reaching a Port of Entry. You can not go ashore. This is a legal
possibility. Too bad Great Iguana is a POE.I could detour to Castle
or Ragged. I do not want to give the impression that I have cleared in
when I haven't by flying the courtesy flag. In the E. Carib, I've
done lots of overnite anchorages flying the Q and some not flying it
and not cleared in. Never had a problem. The Bahamas are supposedly
harsh about this practice, and the DR is looking for handouts and so
likely to check one out. Cuba's bureaucracy shouts stay away to me.
Does anyone know whether Domingo Cay south of the Old Bahama Channel
offers protection and if so in what conditions? Cay Lobos in the
southern part of the channel itself? Tnx for ideas, Larry